Finally Google has announced Android 5.0 and the curtains have raised from the suspense of Android L, the Android 5.0 is Lollipop.
Android 5.0 Lollipop has come up with great features and with full fledged support for Android wearable and Android TV. Let’s take a look at the features here.
Android 5.0 Lollipop features :
- Material Design
- A bold, colorful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across all your devices
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device
- Vivid new colors, typography, and edge-to-edge imagery help to focus your attention
- New ways to control when and how you receive messages – only get interrupted when you want to be
- View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications
- For fewer disruptions, turn on Priority mode via your device’s volume button so only certain people and notifications get through. Or schedule recurring downtime like 10pm to 8am when only Priority notifications can get through
- With Lollipop, incoming phone calls won’t interrupt what you’re watching or playing. You can choose to answer the call or just keep doing what you’re doing
- Control the notifications triggered by your apps; hide sensitive content and prioritize or turn off the app’s notifications entirely
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen
- Power for the long haul
- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins
- Estimated time left to fully charge is displayed when your device is plugged in
- Estimated time left on your device before you need to charge again can now be found in battery settings
- Keep your stuff safe and sound
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices
- SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware
- Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car
- Device Sharing
- More flexible sharing with family and friends
- Multiple users for phones. If you forget your phone, you still can call any of your friends (or access any of your messages, photos etc.) by simply logging into another Android phone running Lollipop. Also perfect for families who want to share a phone, but not their stuff
- Guest user for phones and tablets means you can lend your device and not your stuff
- Screen pinning: pin your screen so another user can access just that content without messing with your other stuff
- New Quick Settings
- Get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen
- New handy controls like flashlight, hotspot, screen rotation and cast screen controls
- Easier on/off toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and location
- Manually adjust your brightness for certain conditions. Then, adaptive brightness will kick in based on ambient lighting
- A better internet connection everywhere and more powerful Bluetooth low energy capabilities
- Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity. For example, continue your video chat or VoIP calls without interruption as you leave the house and switch from your home Wi-Fi back to cellular
- Improved network selection logic so that your device connects only if there is a verified internet connection on Wi-Fi
- Power-efficient scanning for nearby Bluetooth low energy (“BLE”) devices like wearables or beacons
- New BLE peripheral mode
- Runtime and Performance
- A faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience
- ART, an entirely new Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness
- Up to 4x performance improvements
- Smoother UI for complex, visually rich applications
- Compacting backgrounded apps and services so you can do more at once
- Support for 64 bit devices, like the Nexus 9, brings desktop class CPUs to Android
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores
- Shipping 64-bit native apps like Chrome, Gmail, Calendar, Google Play Music, and more
- Pure Java language apps run as 64-bit apps automatically
- Bolder graphics and improved audio, video, and camera capabilities
- Lower latency audio input ensuring that music and communication applications that have strict delay requirements provide an amazing realtime experience
- Multi-channel audio stream mixing means professional audio applications can now mix up to eight channels including 5.1 and 7.1 channels
- USB Audio support means you can plug USB microphones, speakers, and a myriad of other USB audio devices like amplifiers and mixers into your Android device
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance
- A range of new professional photography features for Android Lollipop that let you
- Capture full resolution frames around 30 fps
- Support raw formats like YUV and Bayer RAW
- Control capture settings for the sensor, lens, and flash per individual frame
- Capture metadata like noise models and optical information
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC to allow for UHD 4K video playback, tunneled video for high quality video playback on Android TV and improved HLS support for streaming
- OK Google
- Easy access to information and performing tasks
- Even if your screen is off, you can say “OK Google” on devices with digital signal processing support such as Nexus 6 and Nexus 9
- Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more
- Android TV
- Support for living room devices
- User interface adapted for the living room
- Less browsing, more watching with personalized recommendations for content like movies and TV shows
- Voice search for Google Play, YouTube and supported apps so you can just say what you want to see
- Console-style Android gaming on your TV with a gamepad
- Cast your favorite entertainment apps to your big screen with Google Cast support for Android TV devices
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities
- Boost text contrast or invert colors to improve legibility
- Adjust display to improve color differentiation
- Now in 68+ languages
- 15 new additions
- Basque, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Hong Kong), Galician, Icelandic, Kannada, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu
- That means now I support for my mother tounge Marathi
- Device set up
- Get up and running in no-time
- Tap & go: instant set up of your new Android phone or tablet by simply tapping it to your old one (requires NFC)
- Whenever you get a new Android phone or tablet, you can bring over your apps from Google Play automatically from any of your old Android devices
- And a whole lot more
- Tap & pay: easily manage multiple payment apps by quickly switching between them
- Print preview and page range support
- Revamped display for battery, Bluetooth, data usage, and Wi-Fi settings and new search functionality in settings
- New device level feedback for Nexus devices in Settings > about phone > send feedback
- Easier sharing with
- Improved ranking of your options within the share menu
- Android Beam: lets you share a file with someone nearby by gently tapping the two devices together
- Where supported by the hardware, your device will wake up as soon as you pick it up or tap the screen twice
- Improved hardware keyboard accessory support including support for multilingual, emoji input, search key, and improved app and system key chords
The Ministry of Railways, Government of India has finally announced the much awaited IRCTC Connect, Android App which will allow you to book tickets on the go now. This app will offer all the IRCTC services on your Android device now. So gear up and start planning next holiday now.
Key features of IRCTC Connect are as follows:
- Search and Book train Tickets
- Recent Passenger List
- Check PNR Status
- View or Cancel Tickets
- Hassle free access to existing users
Very soon it will hit the Android market that is Google Play.
Conducted Seminar on Android and HTML5 at Ttulsiramji Gaikwad College of Engineering and Technology, Mohgaon, Nagpur on 28th Aug. 2014 for the students of second year, third year and final year Information Technology.
Conducted 3 days Android Workshop at KITS College, Ramtek, Dist. Nagpur for Student of Information Technology from 23rd Aug. 2014 to 25th Aug. 2014. Again it was a good experience with students of KITS.
Conducted 3 days Android Workshop at KITS College, Ramtek, Dist. Nagpur for Student of Computer Technology from 20th Aug. 2014 to 22nd Aug. 2014. Again it was a good experience with students of KITS.
Conducted two days Android Workshop at M.H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineering, Byculla, Mumbai on 11th and 12th Aug 2014.
There were around 100 students who attended the workshop and get benefited out of it. Few staff member also attended the workshop.
The infrastructure of the college is very good and the seminar hall where we conducted workshop was also very good. The staff, coordinators and the student were also very good and keen to learn new technologies. I would love to visit the place again. I am very thankful to the coordinators who had assisted a lot during the training and for all the arrangements they have made for me.
Conducted 60 hours Professional Android Training at Sandip Institute of Technology and Research Center (SITRC), Nashik, Maharashtra – India.
I love to visit this college since the students of this college are very eager to learn new things. On the last day of the training students developed various android application such as;
1. Thank You (Gratitude app)
2. Encrypted SMS
3. PnC (Permutation and Combinations)
4. Guess Game (Anagram)
5. SQL Commands Tutorial App
6. Tic Tac Toe, etc.
And so many other apps were also ready.
The staff of the college is also very good specially HOD of Computer Department Mr. Amol Potgantwar and Mr. Nikhil Kulkarni who motivate students a lot.
The staff and students of this college has filed 30 patents last year and still counting.
- How to Recover lost Android Phone?
- How to Recover lost Android Device?
- How to Recover stolen Android Phone?
- How to Recover stolen Android Device?
- How to set callback number to recover lost Android device?
- How to set callback number to recover lost Android phone?
- How to set callback number to recover stolen Android device?
- How to set callback number to recover stolen Android phone?
Have you or your loved one has lost their Android device or Android phone? If yes, you might have come to a conclusion that people do not bother to return your device. But now you can ask them or appeal them to return your lost device or phone.
Amazed! Yes, this is possible because of new update in Google’s Android Device Manager which is now giving an option to set “call me back” phone number to recover lost Android device.
How does it work? Features :
- Display callback number on lock screen, once you lock device using Android Device Manager
- Display custom message on lock screen again to phone’s finder or thief
Now your Android device is more secure and no need to worry about the lost or stolen android phone or device.
Semianr on Latest Trends and Personality Development at Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic, Pune on 18th Jul. 2014 on Latest Trends in IT and Personality Development.
Delighted to share experiences with students of Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic, Pune. Special thanks to Mam who asked us to deliver the session for student and make them aware about new technologies and to enhance their personality and motivate students.
It was again a good experience with the students of Pimpri Chinchwad Polytechnic, Pune.
Conducted Android and HTML5 Workshop at S. N. Patel Institute Of Technology & Research Centre, Bardoli, Dist. Surat (Gujrat-India). It was 6 days workshop wherein students learned Android and HTML5.
During training of 6 days covered Android and HTML5 and how easily one can develop Android apps and HTML5 games too using Canvas API.