I am very happy to inform you that I am selected as Member of NetBeans Dream Team. It is an honor to be a member of NetBeans Dream Team and I am thankful of NetBeans Dream Team and NetBeans Team for considering me and my efforts towards Java and NetBeans, feeling honored since there are around only 50 people selected till now from all over the world and I am the 3rd Indian to be a member of NetBeans Dream Team after Mr, Tushar Joshi (Nagpur, India) and Mr. Rajmahendra Hegde (Chennai and Hyderabad, India).
11th Feb. 2015 was a great day for me, we had festival (Birth Anniversary) of Saint Gajanan Maharaj (Shegaon, Maharashtra, India) and same day only I have received mail with subject as Invitation to join NetBeans Dream Team!. This means all my faith in our saint and dreams have come true.
I am feeling more responsible now and I understand my responsibilities and will work as per guidelines of veteran members of NetBeans Dream Team. I am already working with a new JUG near Pune (Maharashtra, India) that is JUG Nashik (Maharashtra, India) and will be there for few days with them from 13th Feb 2015. I will be working with 3 JUGs for now that is JUG Nagpur, JUG Pune and JUG Nashik.
For this, I would love to give credit to my family and specially to my Guide cum Mentor, Mr. Tushar Joshi. They have always encouraged me a lot even when many times I could not give them enough time due to hectic schedule of training session all over India. Also I would love to say thanks to my little son for coming in our life as a good luck charm only few days back. My wife was in also worried whether I will be there or not at the time of labor but never complained and said you just do your job, I will take care of everything.
Conducted Seminar on Java and Android at Besa Polytechnic, Nagpur on 27th Dec. 2014.
Conducted 5 Days Training on Android, HTML5 and WordPress at Tulsiramji Gaikwad Patil College of Engineering & Technology, Nagpur from 22nd Dec. 2014 to 26th Dec. 2014
It was Training cum Internship program for students and there were more than 250 students who attended this program. We have conducted 3 parallel sessions and it was again a good experience with the students of TGPCET, Nagpur.
Conducted a Seminar at Dr. B. V. Hiray M.B.A. and M.C.A. College, Malegaon, Near Nashik (Maharashtra – India) on 18th Dec. 2014.
It is always pleasure to share your experiences with students. After the seminar conducted technical interviews of the M.C.A. students as a part of placement and internship drive by SSIT.
Conducted 3 days Live and Online Android Training at Oracle Mumbai from Oracle Park, Pune dated 15th Dec. 2014 to 17th Dec. 2014. It was a great experience to conduct training for the giant like Oracle. It is always pleasure and fun working with Oracle people. After the completion of the training received great feedback from all the attendees, glad to see that people out there liked training methodology. I always love to share the knowledge and experiences with the people.
Conducted Java Training at CDAC for M.Tech. students at Bhaskaracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo-Informatics (BISAG), Info City, Gandhinagar, Gujrat under Gujrat Technical University (GTU). Seen a great collaboration between BISAG, CDAC and GTU, never seen such program for students where are students getting chance to work on research projects and all.
During the training covered Java, Java EE, Struts, Hibernate, Spring, EJB, RMI, Networking, etc. all in 5 days daily 8 hours. It helps a lot to cover that much if you use NetBeans for training Java and other Java related technologies like JavaEE, Struts, Hibernate, Spring, HTML5, etc. Students were good.
I feel honored after receiving Diwali Gift and Dinner party from students. I would also like to thanks them for Akshardham visit and really love the fountain and water show at Akshardham. There are only 4 water shows like that all over the world. I really enjoyed a lot guys thanks a lot. And I would like to share the thing that you are doing for physically and mentally challenged people, I have never seen this from students.
Hey friends, the wait is finally over and Ministry of Railways, Government of India has launched the official android application for booking tickets on the go and much more. The official app is IRCTC Connect and is live on Play store and one can download for free.
Rail ticketing now made simpler just by SWIPE and SHUFFLE, SELECT and BOOK. Install the newly launched IRCTC android app and book a railway ticket anywhere in India at your fingertips.
• One step login to existing users
• Search and Book train tickets
• View and Cancel tickets
• Retains recently added passenger details
• New Users, register from App directly
• Upcoming Journey Alerts
Enjoy the never before experience of online ticketing with all new IRCTC mobile app.
Source : Google Play and Ministry of Railways, Government of India.
Finally Google has announced Android 5.0 and the curtains have raised from the suspense of Android L, the Android 5.0 is Lollipop.
Android 5.0 Lollipop has come up with great features and with full fledged support for Android wearable and Android TV. Let’s take a look at the features here.
Android 5.0 Lollipop features :
- Material Design
- A bold, colorful, and responsive UI design for consistent, intuitive experiences across all your devices
- Responsive, natural motion, realistic lighting and shadows, and familiar visual elements make it easier to navigate your device
- Vivid new colors, typography, and edge-to-edge imagery help to focus your attention
- New ways to control when and how you receive messages – only get interrupted when you want to be
- View and respond to messages directly from your lock screen. Includes the ability to hide sensitive content for these notifications
- For fewer disruptions, turn on Priority mode via your device’s volume button so only certain people and notifications get through. Or schedule recurring downtime like 10pm to 8am when only Priority notifications can get through
- With Lollipop, incoming phone calls won’t interrupt what you’re watching or playing. You can choose to answer the call or just keep doing what you’re doing
- Control the notifications triggered by your apps; hide sensitive content and prioritize or turn off the app’s notifications entirely
- More intelligent ranking of notifications based on who they’re from and the type of communication. See all your notifications in one place by tapping the top of the screen
- Power for the long haul
- A battery saver feature which extends device use by up to 90 mins
- Estimated time left to fully charge is displayed when your device is plugged in
- Estimated time left on your device before you need to charge again can now be found in battery settings
- Keep your stuff safe and sound
- New devices come with encryption automatically turned on to help protect data on lost or stolen devices
- SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware
- Use Android Smart Lock to secure your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car
- Device Sharing
- More flexible sharing with family and friends
- Multiple users for phones. If you forget your phone, you still can call any of your friends (or access any of your messages, photos etc.) by simply logging into another Android phone running Lollipop. Also perfect for families who want to share a phone, but not their stuff
- Guest user for phones and tablets means you can lend your device and not your stuff
- Screen pinning: pin your screen so another user can access just that content without messing with your other stuff
- New Quick Settings
- Get to the most frequently used settings with just two swipes down from the top of the screen
- New handy controls like flashlight, hotspot, screen rotation and cast screen controls
- Easier on/off toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and location
- Manually adjust your brightness for certain conditions. Then, adaptive brightness will kick in based on ambient lighting
- A better internet connection everywhere and more powerful Bluetooth low energy capabilities
- Improved network handoffs resulting in limited interruption in connectivity. For example, continue your video chat or VoIP calls without interruption as you leave the house and switch from your home Wi-Fi back to cellular
- Improved network selection logic so that your device connects only if there is a verified internet connection on Wi-Fi
- Power-efficient scanning for nearby Bluetooth low energy (“BLE”) devices like wearables or beacons
- New BLE peripheral mode
- Runtime and Performance
- A faster, smoother and more powerful computing experience
- ART, an entirely new Android runtime, improves application performance and responsiveness
- Up to 4x performance improvements
- Smoother UI for complex, visually rich applications
- Compacting backgrounded apps and services so you can do more at once
- Support for 64 bit devices, like the Nexus 9, brings desktop class CPUs to Android
- Support for 64-bit SoCs using ARM, x86, and MIPS-based cores
- Shipping 64-bit native apps like Chrome, Gmail, Calendar, Google Play Music, and more
- Pure Java language apps run as 64-bit apps automatically
- Bolder graphics and improved audio, video, and camera capabilities
- Lower latency audio input ensuring that music and communication applications that have strict delay requirements provide an amazing realtime experience
- Multi-channel audio stream mixing means professional audio applications can now mix up to eight channels including 5.1 and 7.1 channels
- USB Audio support means you can plug USB microphones, speakers, and a myriad of other USB audio devices like amplifiers and mixers into your Android device
- OpenGL ES 3.1 and Android extension pack brings Android to the forefront of mobile graphics putting it on par with desktop and console class performance
- A range of new professional photography features for Android Lollipop that let you
- Capture full resolution frames around 30 fps
- Support raw formats like YUV and Bayer RAW
- Control capture settings for the sensor, lens, and flash per individual frame
- Capture metadata like noise models and optical information
- State of the art video technology with support for HEVC to allow for UHD 4K video playback, tunneled video for high quality video playback on Android TV and improved HLS support for streaming
- OK Google
- Easy access to information and performing tasks
- Even if your screen is off, you can say “OK Google” on devices with digital signal processing support such as Nexus 6 and Nexus 9
- Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more
- Android TV
- Support for living room devices
- User interface adapted for the living room
- Less browsing, more watching with personalized recommendations for content like movies and TV shows
- Voice search for Google Play, YouTube and supported apps so you can just say what you want to see
- Console-style Android gaming on your TV with a gamepad
- Cast your favorite entertainment apps to your big screen with Google Cast support for Android TV devices
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities
- Boost text contrast or invert colors to improve legibility
- Adjust display to improve color differentiation
- Now in 68+ languages
- 15 new additions
- Basque, Bengali, Burmese, Chinese (Hong Kong), Galician, Icelandic, Kannada, Kyrgyz, Macedonian, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Sinhala, Tamil, Telugu
- That means now I support for my mother tounge Marathi
- Device set up
- Get up and running in no-time
- Tap & go: instant set up of your new Android phone or tablet by simply tapping it to your old one (requires NFC)
- Whenever you get a new Android phone or tablet, you can bring over your apps from Google Play automatically from any of your old Android devices
- And a whole lot more
- Tap & pay: easily manage multiple payment apps by quickly switching between them
- Print preview and page range support
- Revamped display for battery, Bluetooth, data usage, and Wi-Fi settings and new search functionality in settings
- New device level feedback for Nexus devices in Settings > about phone > send feedback
- Easier sharing with
- Improved ranking of your options within the share menu
- Android Beam: lets you share a file with someone nearby by gently tapping the two devices together
- Where supported by the hardware, your device will wake up as soon as you pick it up or tap the screen twice
- Improved hardware keyboard accessory support including support for multilingual, emoji input, search key, and improved app and system key chords