- How to write comments in Java?
- How to write single line comment in Java?
- How to write multi line comment in Java?
- How to write documentation comment in Java?
- What are the types of comments in Java?
Writing Comments in Java :
- Comments are the statements which are never executed (i.e. non-executable statements).
- Comments are often used to add notes between source code so that it becomes easy to understand & explain the function or operation of the corresponding part of source code.
- Java Compiler doesn’t read comments; comments are simply ignored during compilation.
- There are 3 types of comments available in Java as follows;
- Single Line Comment
- Multi Line Comment
- Documentation Comment
Single Line Comment :
This comment is used whenever we need to write anything in single line.
//<write comment here>
//This is Single Line Comment.
Multi Line Comment :
This type of comments are used whenever we want to write detailed notes (i.e. more than one line or in multiple lines)related to source code.
<write comment here>
Documentation Comment :
- The documentation comment is used commonly to produce the javadoc for the respective program.
- The javadoc is generally HTML, if used in project it is a set of multiple HTML files describing each java program in the corresponding project.
- In the documentation comment we can add different notations such as author of the project or program, version, parameters required, information on results in return if any, etc.
- To add these notations, we have ‘@’ operator. We just need to write the required notation along with the ‘@’ operator.
- Some javadoc tags are;
- @author – To describe the author of the project.
- @version – To describe the version of the project.
- @param – To explain the parameters required to perform respective operation.
- @return – To explain the return type of the project.
*<write comment/description here>
*@author <write author name>
*@version <write version here>
*@param <write parameter here>
*@return <write return type here>
* This is Documentation Comment.
* @author Atul Palandurkar
* @version 1.0.0
Hey this is a good one & very useful when writing projects, many don’t remember many time that for what code they have written & also helpful in easy understanding of projects later.
Yes it helps a lot in understanding the project properly.
thank you, this one is very useful to understand how to write documentation comments
Yes Rahul, with the help of this tutorial people will be able to write comments easily.
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.
This explains what the output / result of the method is. In this case, it’s void.
Given all comment is useful for the Java purpose.
so thanks a lot, Atul 🙂 Great Job dear friend….
JAVA at CETPA
yes this is very good . Thanks for it
Nice .. Thanks for sharing
Very Nice Article.. Great work.. Keep posting… Thank you…
Very nice post here and thanks for it .I always like and such a super contents of these post.
Excellent and very cool idea and great content of different kinds of the valuable information’s.