Archive for the ‘Eclipse Tutorials’ Category
This is a great update that Google has come up with for Android Developers, Android Trainers and Android Learners because before this ADT Bundle setting up Android Development Environment was bit tedious job and it was very time consuming too. Many times students asked me the steps to setup the Android Development Environment and every time (for every new batch) we need to setup the Android Development Environment from scratch and I used to tell them following steps :
- Download JDK (Java Development Kit), Install it, Set Environment Path
- Download Eclipse
- Download ADT Plugin for Eclipse
- Set the Preferences in Eclipse with Android SDK path
- Download the latest Platform Tools and others required but optional stuffs
But now thanks to Google for ADT Bundle which provides everything you need to start developing Android Applications. The ADT Bundle includes :
- Eclipse + ADT Plugin (ADT Plugin already installed inside Eclipse)
- Android SDK Tools
- Android Platform Tools
- Latest Android Platform
- Latest Android System Image for Emulator
To setup the ADT Bundle you need to follow 2 steps below :
- Unpack the ZIP file (named
adt-bundle-<os_platform>.zip) and save it to an appropriate location, such as a “Development” directory in your home directory.
- Open the
adt-bundle-<os_platform>/eclipse/directory and launch Eclipse.
If you are new to Android Development, I will recommend ADT Bundle to quick start development process. but if wish to go with the existing IDE then you can go with downloading the SDK Tools for Eclipse.
Click on the image above to download the ADT Bundle.
Watch the demo video here :
Many students & professionals were asking that how they can change the font size in Eclipse.
Here is the way to change the font size in Eclipse :
- Go to Window Menu > Preferences > General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts
- Then to change the font size : Go to Java > Java Editor Text Font > Edit
- Now set the font & font size you wish, done.
See Video Tutorial for above :