Archive for the ‘J2EE Tutorials’ Category
- How to change editor full screen in NetBeans IDE?
NetBeans IDE is having a new and great feature where we can full screen the code editor window.
This small video tutorial shows how to change editor full screen in NetBeans IDE?
Being a trainer, I need to share screen with code and sometime only code nothing else. This is one of the most useful feature for me while teaching Java technologies and UI technologies such as HTML5, CSS, JS, etc. This is why I love NetBeans IDE a lot.
Hope this tutorial is helpful for you as well.
- What is HashMap?
- What is HashMap in Java?
- What is HashTable?
- What is HashTable in Java?
- What are the differences between HashMap and HashTable?
- What are the differences between HashMap and HashTable in Java?
HashMap vs HashTable
1. HashMap is non-synchronized. HashTable is synchronized.
2. HashMap is not thread safe. HashTable is thread safe.
3. HashMap allows one null key and any number of null values while HashTable do not allow null keys and null values in HashTable Object.
4. HashMap object values are iterated using iterator. HashTable is only class other than Vector class which uses enumerator to iterate values of HashTable object.
5. The iterator in HashMap is fail-fast iterator while enumerator for HashTable is not.
6. HashMap is much faster and uses less memory than HashTable.
7. HashMap is subclass of AbstractMap class. HashTable is subclass of Dictionary class which is obsolete in 1.7 and not in use anymore.
I was asked to write a book for Java Application Development using NetBeans IDE by PACKT Publishing, UK which is one of the leading technology books publishers in world. It will be a great experience to work with the great publishing house and their team. Thanks a lot Packt & Team.
I know, Java and NetBeans community will definitely accept the book with a grand welcome. The book is intended for Java Developers who are not aware of NetBeans IDE or those who have experience of Java development but have not used NetBeans for development of Java applications. This book can be referred by novice also to learn Java and Java application development using NetBeans IDE very easily.
My outline (contents) was selected out of few other authors and then after we signed the contract, now the book is complete and very soon the book will hit the market in different formats by the publisher in March 2013.
I just love it, I have tried my best in writing this book and to make it easier for novice to experts. It was a great pleasure working with Packt Team.
You will learn many things from this book such as :
- Use NetBeans IDE for Java technologies
- Develop a HelloWorld application with NetBeans IDE
- Explore the layout of NetBeans IDE
- Develop different Java applications in NetBeans
- Use the Visual Designer
- Design Java projects
- Develop web applications using NetBeans IDE
- Add and handle images in your application
- Write interfaces in NetBeans IDE
- Handle exceptions in NetBeans IDE
- Deploy UI applications
You can buy and download the book in different formats such as e-book (pdf), e-pub, kindle book, etc.
I hope you will like the book. After reading, please mail me your reviews.
You can book your copy from following links :
Get your copy now and start developing professional applications within few minutes.