- How to create AVD?
- How to create Android Virtual Device?
- How to create Emulator for Android?
- What is AVD (Android Virtual Device)?
AVD (Android Virtual Device) / Emulator
AVD (Android Virtual Device) is an Emulator which helps in running Android applications onto your computer/laptop and you don’t need physical device every time you write/change code. Using an AVD you can run and test nearly every feature of your application right from simple text, GPS, Camera, Database, etc.
Creating AVD :
- To create go to Window menu > Click on “Android Virtual Device Manager” or “AVD Manager” option.
- In Android Virtual Device Manager or AVD Manager window, click New button.
- In Create new Android Virtual Device (AVD) window, set credentials for new AVD you wish to create, press OK.
- Select AVD you have created from the list and click Start > click Launch.
- Here is an AVD you have created, now you are ready to run your Android application.
You can have a look at this tutorial so that you can Quickstart Android Application Development. So start writing your Android applications now.