Posts Tagged ‘NetBeans Platform’
I am very happy to inform you that I am selected as Member of NetBeans Dream Team. It is an honor to be a member of NetBeans Dream Team and I am thankful of NetBeans Dream Team and NetBeans Team for considering me and my efforts towards Java and NetBeans, feeling honored since there are around only 50 people selected till now from all over the world and I am the 3rd Indian to be a member of NetBeans Dream Team after Mr, Tushar Joshi (Nagpur, India) and Mr. Rajmahendra Hegde (Chennai and Hyderabad, India).
11th Feb. 2015 was a great day for me, we had festival (Birth Anniversary) of Saint Gajanan Maharaj (Shegaon, Maharashtra, India) and same day only I have received mail with subject as Invitation to join NetBeans Dream Team!. This means all my faith in our saint and dreams have come true.
I am feeling more responsible now and I understand my responsibilities and will work as per guidelines of veteran members of NetBeans Dream Team. I am already working with a new JUG near Pune (Maharashtra, India) that is JUG Nashik (Maharashtra, India) and will be there for few days with them from 13th Feb 2015. I will be working with 3 JUGs for now that is JUG Nagpur, JUG Pune and JUG Nashik.
For this, I would love to give credit to my family and specially to my Guide cum Mentor, Mr. Tushar Joshi. They have always encouraged me a lot even when many times I could not give them enough time due to hectic schedule of training session all over India. Also I would love to say thanks to my little son for coming in our life as a good luck charm only few days back. My wife was in also worried whether I will be there or not at the time of labor but never complained and said you just do your job, I will take care of everything.
- What is NetCAT?
- Why join NetCAT?
- How to join NetCAT?
- What are the benefits of joining NetCAT?
- What are my responsibilities after joining NetCAT?
Here is a small presentation to answer all the questions above, please go though this presentation :
Hope you like the presentation.
What is NetBeans Podcast?
NetBeans Podcast refers to Latest News about NetBeans, NetBeans IDE, NetBeans Community, Interviews from NetBeans Community, new features of NetBeans, etc.
NetBeans Podcast 64 :
Featuring Ruby and Rails plugin update, Tinu’s new blog and interviews of Atul Palandurkar (Author : NetBeans IDE How-to Book | Packt Publishing, UK), Tushar Joshi (Easy Flow Charts using HTML5 features of NetBeans IDE) and David Konecny (Promoter of HTML5 features of NetBeans IDE).
Click here for details : NetBeans Podcast
NetBeans has released another milestone version NetBeans IDE 7.2 which is available to download at NetBeans official website.
Watch video : NetBeans IDE 7.2 Overview[youtube:http://youtu.be/8wNdixWzS_Y%5D
Following are the new features of NetBeans 7.2 :
- Project scanning now on background, not blocking editor features and navigation
- Improved project scanning speed
- Improved performance on remote Filesystems
- FindBugs support
- TestNG testing framework support
- New refactorings and hints
- Various Maven support enhancements
- Various Debugger enhancements
- Amazon Elastic Beanstalk support
- Code completion for Java Persistence named queries and JPQL statements
- More editor hints for EJB and CDI
- Improved and updated support for JSF component suites
- Scene Builder interoperability
- Improved FXML and FX CSS support
- FX-in-Swing Projects
- Default configurations for instant Run as WebStart and Run in Browser
- Project auto-update and improved FX SDK/RT auto-detection
- Support for PHP 5.4
- PHP editing: Fix Uses action, annotations support, editing of Neon and Apache Config files and more
- Support for Symfony2, Doctrine2 and ApiGen frameworks
- FTP remote synchronization
- Support for running PHP projects on Hudson
Groovy and Grails
- Dramatic improvement of scanning, code completion and Go to Type action speed
- Updated to Groovy version 1.8.6
- Enhancements of code completion and editor hints
- Support new C++11 standard
- Pretty printing, watchpoints and catchpoints support for gdb
- Partial and Incremental Find Usages
- Improved parsing performance and reduced memory consumption
- Positioning of tabs in window system can be configured
- Support for custom implementations of tab control
- New @NavigatorPanel.Registration for registering navigator panels declaratively
- New @Arg annotation for registering command line options declaratively
- New @NbBundle.Messages available on fields
- Subversion 1.7 built-in support
- Improved Find in Projects functionality
- New default locations for userdir and cachedir
- 64-bit launcher for Windows
For More Details click here.
While working with NetCAT team for the certification of NetBeans 7.1, the NetBeans User Group, Nagpur (NUG Nagpur) was assigned a task to create 7 different test specifications for the new features which are going to be introduced for the first time in NetBeans 7.1. Thanks a lot Jiri Kovalsky, NetCAT Manager, NetBeans, Oracle for showing trust in us.
Hence, we 7 people from NUG Nagpur were assigned a individual task. I was assigned to write a complete test specification for window wizard, which is a new feature in NetBeans 7.1 that allows developer to design forms & UI with the help of GUI designer for NetBeans Platform Applications. I have created the window wizard test specification for NetBeans 7.1.